We have two Guidance Officers at Western Cape College across Primary and Secondary School who work with students and their parents or caregivers, often in conjunction with teachers, administration personnel, specialist support staff and other community agencies to meet the individual welfare and educational needs of students.
Support may include:
- Assessing student’s developmental levels & abilities.
- Helping students adjust to new settings and transition stages of school.
- Providing personal counselling for individuals and groups.
- Helping students manage relationships.
- Assessing student placement and specialist support needs.
- Advocacy for the educational and personal welfare of students.
- Career education and counselling.
- Assistance with crisis management.
- Assisting students with mental health and wellbeing issues.
- Networking and liaison with community support agencies.
- Referrals to support agencies to meet individual student and family needs as required.