At Western Cape College, sport supports the positive school culture and is a valued part of the curriculum. There is a range of sport options available to students:
- involvement in inter-house sport carnivals throughout the year
- Students in Years 8 and 9 participate in a weekly block of sport where students have a choice of on and off campus activity options
- Opportunities to participate in interschool sporting competitions (e.g. All schools Cups, Vicki Wilson, Fowlers Cup Inter Sport Carnivals and Cape and Torres Rugby League).
College sports events
- Cross Country (P-12) 26 March 2021
- Athletics (4-12) 17/18 June 2021
- Athletics (P-3) 23 June 2021
- Multisport Carnival (5-6) 11 August 2021
- Swimming (4-12) 13/14 October 2021
- Sports Awards Ceremony 21 October 2021
- Swimming (P-3) 26 November 2021
District, Regional and State Sports
Through the School Sport system, students are provided with the opportunity to represent their district (Central Cape), region (Peninsula), Queensland and Australia. Students who gain selection in representative teams are recognised formally through our bronze, silver and gold awards at our Sports Awards Evening.
Western Cape College students form part of the Central Cape district. Students successful in making a Central Cape team may represent their district at the Peninsula Region Championships/Trials.
To be considered for Central Cape selection in the above sports, students must undertake a series of trials. The first stage involves students nominating for and attending the trials. All information regarding these trials is made available to students via morning notices. If selected in the Central Cape team the student will then progress to Peninsula trials and if selected in the Peninsula team students will usually travel and compete in a Queensland School Sport competition. Contested by up to 12 regions, students at the State Championships have the opportunity to be selected to represent Queensland School Sport teams.
For more information, please visit: